Minutes - April 2012
General Meeting Minutes April 3, 2012
A. Call to Order 8:45am
Attendees Alyson Whitaker, Kindra Mendall, Jannet Benz, Annalise Olsen, Don Ball, Molly Barnes, Jannet Benz, Natalie Campbell, Lorrie Ballard, Lisa Ball, Abran and Alisa Dreyfus, Deanna Murchison, Michelle Flanigan, Kim Davis, Gin Wesener, Monica Hanson, Heather Maxey
B. Approval of Minutes Motioned Kindra, second Deanna, APPROVED
C. Introductions none
1. President: We are still seeking volunteers to run for next year’s elected Community Club positions. Elections will be held in May at general meeting. If anyone knows anyone who would like to be on the board, please let us know. Thank you to Spring fundraiser committee!
2. Vice President: none
3. Superintendent- Popcorn for Pages was very successful. We had a movie and popcorn party for the winners. Science Fair was AMAZING! 10 of the 11 Sunol Glen students won something. Huge thanks to Suzette Takei and her parent support team that made it happen. Jannet is doing an incredible job for Earth week. The other STAR tests are May 7th-11th. Thank you to Community Club for supplying the snacks. Hero’s day is June 1st. Thank you to the Business Guild for helping organize and support this event. Open House will be May 24th.
4. Secretary- no report
5. Treasurer- The teachers have spent half the literacy money. Mr. Wheeler and k-3 spent their money. MOVE to allocate $50 to replace Elvis and $25 for SRT refreshment reimbursement. Alyson 2nd, MOTIONED PASSED
6. Volunteer Coordinator- May 11th is Spring Fling. Michelle will need help building the shed on May 5th from 9am-12pm. We will also need to ask for STAR test snacks.
E. Old Business
1. Trashion Show- Cammie will talk to lower grades and Heather will talk to 6th to 8th grades. We need to get the word out to students to participate. They need to check photo release in the office as newspapers and media will be covering the event.
2. Spring Fundraiser- Lisa stated that there will be an on line auction this year. This site will allow for tickets to be purchased as well. Families will be able to send link to friends and family members to bid on. The event is May 11th at 7pm at the Sunol Valley Golf Club. Babysitting will be available at the school and Suzette Takei will be organizing this. There will be Elvis and pictures with Elvis, 8 casino tables, golden raffle ticket, heavy appetizers. Volunteers are still needed to design program, organize golden raffle, and help with decorating. Deadline for complimentary tickets is April 23rd. The event needs people to donate their timeshares, season tickets, hotels, etc.
3. Technology Committee Meeting- no meeting
4. Bylaws- The committee met and rewrote the bylaws. They are hopeful that revisions will be done by the end of April and ratified by May meeting.
5. Garden Update- There will be work day to build the shed on Saturday, May 5th, from 9:30-12:30. The new bulletin in main hall looks amazing and gives parents a snapshot at the incredible program in the garden. We need to highlight it at Back to School night.
F. New Business
1. Teacher Appreciation Week- This will be May 14th-18th. Virbin will be heading this week. Breakfast with coffee in mugs with their names in them, surprise gifts in boxes, ice cream day, yoga, pilates, massages and much more. They would also like to update the staff bathroom. We will need coverage for recess duty for the week. We also need to make sure that Art, Music and Computer teachers are covered.
2. Earth Week- Jannet met with the staff and each teacher received a folder with DVD, activities and list of rotations on Friday. Alameda County of Clean Waste will be there, STOP waste.org will do a station as well.
3. Book Fair- May 18th to 25th. Natalie will need parent helpers to run the book fair. Jenny Huang went to the workshop at Scholastic. A jooners will go out closer to the dates.
4. Nominating Committee- We are still looking for volunteers to be on the board.
Adjournment: 9:54am Annalise motioned, Kindra 2nd!
Next meeting will be May 1st, 2012.