Minutes - May 2012
General Meeting Minutes May 1, 2012
A. Call to Order 8:45am
Attendees Alyson Whitaker, Kindra Mendall, Annalise Olsen, Don Ball, Molly Barnes, Jannet Benz, Natalie Campbell, Lorrie Ballard, Lisa Ball, Abran and Alisa Dreyfus, Deanna Murchison, Michelle Flanigan, Jennifer Sprinkles, Monica Hanson
B. Approval of Minutes Motioned Kindra, second Deanna, APPROVED
C. Introductions none
1. President: Thank you for the support and help over the last two years. STAR snacks will be done by Alyson and Student Council. Any left over food will be donated to field day. Students will food allergies will have a bag labeled for them.
2. Vice President: none
3. Superintendent- Mrs. Barnes started with a big thank you to Alyson for her dedication and for the high level of the Community Club under her leadership. Jannet Benz did an incredible job for Earth week. She made folders for each class and a binder to sustain the program when her child graduates. Trashion was amazing. Thank you to Camie Clark, Heather Maxey and all the volunteers. The stage was decorated beautifully. (thank you Natalie Campbell) The STAR testing is May 7th-11th. Thank you to Community Club and parents for supplying the snacks. Hero’s day is June 1st. Thank you to the Business Guild for helping organize and support this event. Open House will be May 24th. Thank you to Deanna for supplies the treats for the staff during their meetings. Virbin made the staff bathroom so beautiful that Mrs. Barnes loves being in there now! Teacher of the Year is Mrs. Boorujy. We are very excited and proud of her.
4. Secretary- no report
5. Treasurer- We have had a positive flow of about $9.000 this month mostly from Spring Fling. More teachers have spent their money than in any other year. We have $60k in the bank and $48k encumbered.
6. Volunteer Coordinator- Michelle will need help building the shed on May 5th from 9am-12pm. Thank you to everyone who volunteered for Trashion show and Earth Week. Jooners has been sent out for Spring Fling.
E. Old Business
1. Teacher Appreciation Week- Monday- Breakfast, Tuesday- Wall of Fame, Wednesday- Yoga, Thursday- Coffee, Friday- ice cream sundaes. Gift cards will be given out throughout the week as well. There will be a Jooners for recess coverage as well.
2. Spring Fundraiser- Lisa stated that there will be an on line auction and a silent auction at the event this year. This site will allow for tickets to be purchased as well. Families will be able to send link to friends and family members to bid on. The event is May 11th at 7pm at the Sunol Valley Golf Club. Babysitting will be available at the school and Suzette Takei will be organizing this. There will be Elvis and pictures with Elvis, 8 casino tables, golden raffle ticket, heavy appetizers. The event needs people to donate their timeshares, season tickets, hotels, etc. Jenny and Natalie will sell Golden Raffle tickets before and after school. We will have parents hand out fliers in carpool lane as well as student council making phone calls.
3. Technology Committee Meeting- no meeting
4. Bylaws- The committee met and rewrote the bylaws. They are hopeful that revisions will be done by the end of May and ratified by June meeting.
5. Garden Update- There will be work day to build the shed on Saturday, May 5th, from 9:30-12:30. The new bulletin in main hall looks amazing and gives parents a snapshot at the incredible program in the garden. We need to highlight it at Back to School night by having a dedication to Mr. O'Laughlin. Mr. O'Laughlin picked up the shed for us. There was a harvest in grades K-3. Students were able to eat their salads made from the garden as well as take some home.
F. New Business
1. Elections- Alyson passed out names for elected positions. Kindra- President, Annalise- vice president, Claudia-secretary, Lorrie-volunteer coordinator, Don- treasurer.
Alyson motioned, Lisa 2nd, no opposed.
2. Volunteer Outreach- Kindra would like to do more volunteer outreach next year. She would like to start it off with a back to school event like a pot luck. It would be the first week of school and be a fun event. Motion by Kindra for $250 for paper goods and other items for the event. Alyson 2nd, Approved
3. Walk A THon- Deanna will chair this event next year. We will be looking for people to help her out. THANK YOU!!!!!
4. Next meeting- Motion to change next meeting to May 29th due to Election day. Don moved, Alyson 2nd, approved.
Adjournment: 9:54am Alyson motioned, Kindra 2nd!
Next meeting will be May 29th, 2012.