Minutes - November 2011
Sunol Glen Community Club
General Meeting Minutes November 1, 2011
A. Call to Order 8:49am
Attendees Alyson Whitaker, Kindra Mendall, Jannet Benz, Annalise Olsen, Don Ball, Molly Barnes, Janet Birt, Natalie Campbell, Lorrie Ballard, Lisa Ball, Claudia Zuanich
B. Approval of Minutes Motioned Kindra, second Alyson, APPROVED
C. Introductions no introductions needed
1. President: no report
2. Vice President: We received a thank you card from Natalie Campbell for her projectorJ
3. Superintendent: Earthquake drill went well. Thank you to Mr. Hoxie for the video and organization of the drill. Halloween was a huge success. It was wonderful to see all the families and community supporting the students. The Business Guild and volunteers were amazing. Thank you! The 2/3 classes went on their around Sunol fieldtrip. It was amazing to have Tom Harland and Jim O’Laughlin involved in the fieldtrip. Technology committee along with Mrs. Barnes and Danielle Day went on a trip to look at another small school’s computer system. There will be a meeting on November 7th to discuss building a track at Sunol Glen. Huge thanks to Diedra McKinney for stocking the staff room full of food on Monday mornings. The staff is very appreciative of this!
Nov. 14th-18th will be parent/teacher conferences.
4. Secretary- no report
5. Treasurer- Current balance $65k including fieldtrip fund. $332 was raised already from Natalie Campbell’s art cards! Amazing! We currently have $2,245.57 in fieldtrip fund. In the future, treasurer needs to make sure that they file with ALL proper agencies. We just got a bill from agency because treasurer years ago did not file properly. State, Federal, and non-profit agencies need to be filed with correctly.
6. Volunteer Coordinator- We need a Spring Book Fair chairperson. We also need a person to chair the spring fundraiser. Ladies Night Out will be December 2nd.
E. Old Business
1. Ladies Night Out- December 2nd at 6pm This event will be held at the Sunol Event Center ( next to Jazz Café). Vendors are listed in the Eagle Flier. More vendors are needed for the event, please let chairperson know if you know vendors who would like to participate. Parking maybe an issue due to Niles Christmas train being the same night. Holiday Boutique signs should be posted to attract community members as well as people on the Christmas train.
2. Spring Fundraiser- Kindra is looking for a group of volunteers to help brainstorm ideas for the Spring fundraiser. Meeting will be 11/8 at 8:30 am.
3. Technology Committee Meeting- They went on a fieldtrip to Emeryville school district. This is a two school district with 750 students total. This school has servers that each run 10-30 computers. We currently have 113 computers on our campus. When our computers and/or software need updating, we currently pay per computer. Servers will allow for cheaper upgrades. We are looking in the future and what the best options are for our school. If we decide to go to these servers in the future, the upfront cost is approximately $20,000. The technology committee is looking to see which option is more cost effective. Servers would need to be replaced every 8 years. The biggest concern is whether this system would require a full time IT person. Next meeting is 11/15.
F. New Business
1. Secret Santa Shop- This will be set up in the library from 12/19- 12/22. Jooners will go out soon for volunteers to help.
Operations of CC- under $1,000
Student Enrichment- $22,700
Teacher Retention- $32,932
Fundraiser Expenses- $4,350
Expected ending balance- $16,167
Discussion of budget:
Science Camp- The budgeted amount will be for students who need financial assistance only. There will need to be a set deadline for parents to say whether they need aide or not. Mrs. Donovan and Mrs. Barnes will come to CC and tell us how many students need assistance. We will have $1,500 available. Money not used will be absorbed into general budget.
Classroom Literacy- $727 was budgeted for each class to spend. Grade level groups may choose to put their money together and buy for multiage classrooms. Teachers who do not need money for literacy may plead their case to CC board to use money in a different manner. CC board may need to consider other options for Mrs. Takei who only teaches Math and Science.
Changes that will be made to budget: Under eScrip- excess goes to 8th, not 4th. Costume sale income may need to change. Under Science camp funding notes- Recipients will be students with hardships. This will be decided by Mrs. Barnes and Mrs. Donovan.
Motion to pass budget by Don Ball, 2nd Annalise Olsen
3. Green Team- We are now eligible for free services from stopthewaste.org. This organization will provide a free assembly on January 24th on the 4 Rs (Reuse, recycle, reduce, rot) On December 5th, they will come afterschool and the students will become “garbologists” and pick through garbage. Jannet would love for a couple of students from each class to attend
4. Art Cards – Natalie Campbell will make the holiday cards again this year. Students will be able to make their cards on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 12:15pm. (11/14-11/18) She is looking for volunteers to help fold the cards.
5. December Meeting- In the past, there hasn’t been a CC meeting in December. Alyson motioned to skip December meeting. Kindra 2nd. PASSED
Adjournment: 9:50am Don motioned, Lorrie 2nd!
Next meeting will be January 10th, 2012.