2012 SGCC Parent Survey Results
Thank you to everyone who took our parent survey! The Community Club board is always trying to improve the way we operate to serve you, the parents, teachers and community that make up our membership. If you didn't get to take our survey but would like to offer suggestions, comments, praise, or criticism, please use our "Suggestion Box" found above.
The Results Can Be Found Here.
- Most respondents had a good or better general opinion for Community Club
- Respondents liked the Community Club because of the support they give our school and students
- More than half of respondents thought the Community Club needed to be more open to working parents
- Most respondents liked the Walk-A-Thon
- Respondents overwhelmingly wanted to communicate with Community Club via email sent directly to them
- Respondents volunteer for Community Club because they like doing something to help their child's school; those that don't volunteer have trouble because they work or are too busy
- Almost 3/4 of respondents had visited our webpage
- Respondent's highest priorities for Community Club spending are a new computer lab followed by art and music class staffing.
What Is Community Club Board is Doing Based on the Results:
- We have funded a totally new computer lab to be installed during the summer of 2013 and funded a section of art and a section of music for the 2013-2014 school year
- We have started noting ways working parents can help Community Club that do not require attending meetings or day-time events.
- We have found a system (MailChimp) that allows us to send out periodic email blasts directly to your inbox (free to the Club) so we can communicate directly to parents.
- We strive to keep the website homepage as up-to-date as possible; if anyone knows of a free calendar service that can be embedded easily into a website, please contact the webmaster.sd
- In response to some of the comments received:
tetherball, and hopscotch lines onto the playground
(2) We have uploaded to this website our current approved budget (under the Board tab) for anyone to review. Changes
can be made with a vote of the Membership.
(3) If anyone has a link to a possible source for computers or IT equipment, please contact us.
(4) Community Club has had 2 Socials and is planning at least 2 more - we hope to see you there.